I hope this finds you healthy and well. With the Holidays upon us I wanted to give you some of my favorite recipes both from my own book The Raw Truth Recharge – 7 Truths to Health and Fitness but also some favorites from others. See below for some of those amazing Healthy and delicious recipes!
NEW OFFICE – The Fountain Wellness Center
First, I am excited to announce that one of my Raw Truth offices will soon be at the soon to be Fountain Wellness Center in Williamsville NY (be sure to “like” us on Facebook). Of course this will be yet another location that I will continue to offer private Natural Holistic Health and Integrative Nutrition appointments to help individuals with the following:
Weight Management (to gain muscle or lose fat), Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Cancer, Headaches, Vertigo, Inflammation, Thyroid problems, Womens Health issues, Menopause and PMS issues, Sugar and Food Addictions, Auto-Immune Disorders, Effects of Chronic Stress – Depression and Anxiety, Pain, Asthma, Allergies, Spiritual Restoration and more! I will also have Nutrametrix Supplements available, as well as my book and videos available for purchase on site.
I will also be offering Raw Truth healthy cooking classes, weight management classes, anti-cancer classes, Healthy Eating classes, 7-21 day detox classes and more! Dr. Sarah Capodagli and her husband Greg are the proud owners of The Fountain Wellness Center and there will be some other amazing Health Practitioners and Services offered as well. Stay tuned for the opening date and open house which is projected in early 2017! We are very excited!!
**Stay tuned for dates and locations of my January 2017 Cooking Classes, Healthy Eating Classes, and Anti-Cancer Classes!
SPEAKING – Robbie’s Upcoming Speaking Engagements:
**Saturday November 12th – Williamsville NY 2pm at Benders Book Store on Sheridan in Williamsville and it’s free! There is Spa day going on all day long so come and be blessed.
**Sunday January 15th and Thursday January 19th – The City Church in Batavia
**Thursday January 26th – Alden Community Church
**Saturday January 28th 2017 – Toronto Canada at the Health, Family and Wealth Conference. Here is the link for that – it’s free and hope to see you all there! Register now to reserve your spot and bring your friends!
I was so honored the past couple weeks to present The Raw Truth – 7 Truths to Health and Fitness and The Raw Truth on Fighting Cancer at both Hope Chest for Breast Cancer Survivors and also for The Breast Cancer Network! What an amazing group of courageous women at both of these events! Thank you for inviting me!
**If you are interested in having me speak at your work or church please contact me at email@example.com
BOOK – The Raw Truth Recharge – 7 Truths to Health and Fitness!
Don’t forget you can pick up my book for Holiday gifts at Benders Christian Book Store, Feel Rite Fresh Markets, Pine Pharmacy, Family Faith and Books in Canada, Amazon, BarnesandNobles.com and more!
RECIPES – Here are a few of my fav recipes for the month! Enjoy!
*Robbie’s fav Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
- 3 – 15 oz. cans of black bean, rinsed and drained
- 1 – 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ¼ quarter cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15oz. can of pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp. all spice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Fresh cilantro and plain greek yogurt for garnish
Pour 2 cans of the drained black beans into a food processor along with tomatoes. Puree. Set aside
Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir the onion until softened. Stir in the bean puree, remaining can of beans, chicken broth, pumpkin puree, all spice, chili powder, and cumin. Mix until well blended, then simmer for about 25 minutes.
*Curried Sweet Potato and Chickpea Stew from The Raw Truth Recharge Book!
1 and 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 2 cups coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 TBSP curry powder
1/2 tbsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt, divided
1 quart of low-sodium vegetable broth
4 cups peeled 1/2-inch pieces of sweet potato or butternut squash 1 can (19 oz.) unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup light unsweetened coconut milk 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
3/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium Stir in onion and bell pepper; cook for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in curry powder, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and sweet potatoes and bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are
- Remove 1 cup of sweet potatoes and mash with a Stir mashed potatoes back into pot and bring to a boil; reduce heat and boil gently for 5 minutes to allow mixture to thicken.
- Stir in chickpeas, coconut milk, cilantro, and black Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until warm throughout.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional) and serve.
*Food Babe’s Easy & Healthy Pumpkin Pie
1 hour 50 mins
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) full fat coconut milk (if you like denser pie, only use half of can)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl and puree with a stand or hand mixer.
- Pour filling ingredients into pie shell.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes (or longer) or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
Filling may yield two pies depending on your pie dish or crust.
*Food Babe’s Homemade Almond Flour Crust
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF and adjust rack to middle position.
- Place almond flour, sea salt, egg, and coconut sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Process a few times to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse
- Wrap the dough in a piece of plastic wrap and press into a 9-inch disk.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap from the dough.
- Press dough onto bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch buttered pie dish. Crimp edges of crust.
- Add pumpkin pie mixture or filling of your choice and bake for the directed time.
*Food Babe’s Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut nectar or coconut palm sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place can of full-fat coconut milk into refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the can from the refrigerator the next morning and flip upside down and open that end of the can.
- Pour liquid into a small mixing bowl and set aside, you will not be using this liquid for the recipe.
- Then after the liquid is removed from the can you will see the solid coconut cream on the bottom, scoop out and place in a large chilled mixing bowl with coconut sugar and vanilla extract. Whip coconut cream with beaters until a fluffy consistency is achieved.
***Please choose all organic ingredients if possible***
Okay that’s it for today! Don’t forget to tune into my health and fitness show The Raw Truth 99.5FM or 970AM every Saturday at 11am EST streaming live world wide on your phone or device along with my Raw Truth Health Update on WKBW TV AM Buffalo!
God Bless you always – Stay Fit and Healthy!
Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and courageous