May 4th 2013
With Summer right around the corner, my inbox is filled up with people desperately wanting to get in shape and lose weight quick! I have a new 12 day detox that will help you do just that! The next 12 day detox kicks off on Saturday May 11th at the BAC Evans Club! Go to my Nutrition tab and web site for more information! Do not miss it!
Now if you are one of those people that has a hard time getting motivated on your own I urge you if at all possible to take a group exercise class or exercise with a friend. The hardest part is getting there. If you join a gym like the BAC where I teach group exercise – just show up! We take care of you when you get there! And even if you don’t feel like working out – energy produces energy and it starts bouncing between people and off the walls. Before you know it 60 minutes went by and you’re drenched! How do you start? Just start!
Here are some Raw Truth’s about staying Healthy and Fit:
1) PRAY – God is faithful and God’s word tells us we should ASK, SEEK, KNOCK. Remember, God wants us to take care of our earthly bodies, so that we can go out and do his work!
2) Make sure you are eating right and drinking enough water as this will affect your energy level if you are not. Avoid sugar, white flour, hydrogenated oils, soda pop, etc. Focus on the foods of the earth that God created!
3) Get adequate rest so you have energy not just to make it through the day but to make a difference in the lives of the people around you!
4) Work out consistently and at least 4-7 days per week. People who work out only 1 day a week (called weekend warriors), have a tendency to get injured. Don’t do that!
5) If at all possible try and get a workout buddy so that you can push each other and hold each other accountable when one wants to slack off.
6) Just show up or start! Lace up your running shoes and hit the streets; get to the gym; do whatever you can to make it happen. I love the gym because it’s like the “no excuse zone”. You know once you get there you’re not going to stand around and doing nothing in the midst of everyone else working hard. If you can’t get to the gym – grab that friend and get outside!
7) Focus on the results – you obtained results every time you work out. If you have to remind yourself every 15 minutes during your workout why you are there, so be it! Whatever works!
In any event, don’t let excuses get in your way. You need to work out as if your life depends on it, because in so many ways it does. It’s not by accident that Philippians 4:13 is my favorite verse! You can do this! 😉
8) If you don’t have the time or money to eat right and exercise – remember you will spend the time and the money either way. You will either spend the time and the money preventing disease your will you spend the time and the money treating disease. Which is better for you!
9) Remember if you want to get lean, lean on the Lord! And have self-control!
10) Have an attitude of gratitude – and don’t sweat the small stuff. Let Go – Let God.
I am so incredibly grateful to God that he has given me the opportunity to do what I love. There isn’t a class or day that goes by where I don’t thank God for the gift to motivate others for his glory! And he wants us to take care of our temples!
Keep your eye on the Lord of Lords!
With Gods Love,
Robbie Raugh, RN
Holistic Health and Nutrition Practitioner/Coach
Certified Fitness Instructor at the BAC
Host of the Raw Truth Health, Nutrition and Fitness show on 99.5 WDCX Every Saturday at 11am EST. And the Raw Truth Tips on WKBW TV 7